Do you usually lack the urge of making love with your partner, despite her looking all desirable and sex tonight? Low sexual desire or libido can actually come from various factors. Because men are commonly viewed to be voracious when it comes to sex, they often intentionally refuse discussing their lack of desire for sex because they are afraid of being judged or due to anxiety. It is the reason why it is not know the number of men who are suffering from less than the optimal levels of libido.
Identification is the very first key. You need to know before anything else if you are really suffering from low levels of libido or not. It is important that you visit your doctor as he will be the one to go through your medical history and will have you undergo physical exam to identify your condition. The common primary suspects in low sexual desire include health diseases, the use of medication, as well as relationship issues.
Take a closer look at how these things affect your libido:
- Use of prescribed medicines – Medications for blood pressure, for instance, can cause issues on your libido. These include ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, as well as calcium channel blockers that can interfere with your ejaculations and erections.
- Alcohol abuse and antidepressant medication – These can whet your sex appetite and lead to low libido.
- Chronic disease – For instance, diabetes can wreak havoc on your sexual desire. Some other health problems that can mess up your sexual drive include circulation and heart concerns and chronic pain.
- Relationship problems – Resentment,, anger and stress among couples can become barriers to your sexual desire. The intimacy reduces, which can lead to a continuous cycle of setting sex aside. Do you know that the mere fact of not thinking about sex can already be considered as a problem? A combination of performance anxiety and relationship woes can cause a dramatic decrease in your libido.
- Low testosterone – When the male sexual hormones are in low levels, this can interfere with your normal sexual desire, mood and male development. There are numerous factors which can lead to low testosterone, which include pituitary disorders, obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
For some men, potentially curing low libido can seem like a complicated and daunting task but the truth is that this will actually depend on why you are suffering from low libido in the very first place. In case you are currently using some medications, the effects that they have might get in the way of your desire for sex, which is why you need to consult your doctor to know if he can substitute a different medicine. Also, a physical exam will be able to determine the levels of your testosterone. It is also a must that you address the emotional components, namely the relationship issues, anxiety and anger through looking for professional counseling combined with ensuring that you and your partner will have an open communication.
And if all else fails, you can always look for the best male enhancement products that will be able to assist you in improving your sexual performance and experience. Most of these products are made from natural ingredients, which mean that you can be helped of their safety and effectiveness. To get the best results, see to it that you look for the finest products as well in order for you to stay on the safe side.