Whether you are a young man in your sexual peak or someone close to his senior years, there are factors that can make you a victim of male impotence, which is also known as erectile dysfunction. The numbers are growing, as the inability to start or maintain an erection can occur due to a wealth of medical, hormonal, psychological, and environmental reasons.
Of course, erectile dysfunction drugs will likely be the first to be recommended. But erection drugs like Viagra and Cialis have a fairly good effectiveness rate, they can come with unwanted and widely documented side effects. To avoid these, you can try to potentially treat impotence naturally first – to bring your sexual potency back to its height. Here are some methods to try:
- Dietary and lifestyle choices – Consume tried-and-tested erection foods such as raw oysters (chock-full of zinc and other important nutrients), nuts and legumes, as well as lean meats. Follow a comprehensive exercise program, and try to explore pelvic exercises like Kegels for greater erectile strength and potential. Quit smoking, consume alcohol moderately, manage your weight, and adopt smart lifestyle choices to solve your erectile dysfunction.
- Anxiety management – This is one of the main problems that cause male sexual problems today, given the stresses of daily life at home and in the office. There are many ways to reduce your anxiety levels contributing to erectile dysfunction, including relaxation techniques, massage, proper breathing, yoga, and meditation.
- Psychosocial therapy – You may also need to see a professional licensed therapist to discuss issues that have emotional or psychological roots, contributing to your performance anxiety. Doing so can lead you to feel more confident about your performance in bed, and can also help resolve any relationship problem that gets in the way. You therapist can help you address the matter head on in a potential treatment done alone or with your partner. And guess what? Many cases of erectile dysfunction today are psychological in nature.
- Penis rings and other adult toys – A constriction ring, also known as a penis ring, can help you maintain your erection through the principle of blood constriction. The ring is placed at the base of your penis and will work by keeping blood from flowing out of your genitals after you achieve an erection, helping it last longer. Certain warnings in penis ring use, however, include using it only for up to 30 minutes at a time, and not using it when you sleep.
- Herbal supplementation – Many time-tested herbal extracts are added in high-quality male enhancement formulations today for erectile dysfunction treatment. These include gingko biloba, ginseng, saw palmetto, maca root, and fenugreek, to name a few. These are combined with nutrients for synergistic pro-erection action. Talk to your doctor before supplementing, especially if you have an existing medical condition.