11 Nov 2010
Male Enhancement: Top 7 Aphrodisiacs
It’s true. Male enhancement isn’t all about penis enlargement or the ability to sustain an erection. Aside from virility issues, an effective male enhancer should be able to address sexual dysfunction-related problems including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, performance anxiety, and so on. When the specific concern relates to lack of sexual drive or libido, it’s not uncommon for men (and women) to turn to aphrodisiacs or substances that increase sexual desire.
Below is a list of top-rated aphrodisiacs, commonly found in male enhancement products.
- Yohimbe. An effective weight loss aid according to scientists, Yohimbe can also stimulate the spinal cord’s lower center through enlargement of blood vessels. This creates a strong aphrodisiac effect, especially when taken at recommended doses (18mg to 100mg per day).
- Epimedium. Also known as Horny Goat Weed, Epimedium has been used for centuries in both Chinese and Indian herbal medicinal practices as a libido booster. It can also increase sperm production by mimicking the effects of testosterone.
- Tribulus terrestris. Its ability to increase testosterone levels is well-documented in Ayurvedic medicine. Tribulus terrestris is also used to enhance focus and mood and to increase overall energy and vitality.
- Tongkat Ali. Dubbed as the “Asian Viagra,” Tongkat Ali increases testosterone levels. It should be noted that normal testosterone levels is vital for maintaining sexual desire, fertility, mood and energy level.
- Muira Puama. In South America, the root and bark of Muira Puama (potency wood) is used for treating sexual dysfunction. It is used as an aphrodisiac by both men and women.
- Damiana. A popular British lingerie retailer uses Damiana in its Beauty Range products for its libido-boosting qualities. In Mexico, Damiana is used by both men and women as an energy tonic and an aphrodisiac.
- Maca. Clinical trials performed in men have shown that maca extracts can enhance sex drive and improve the quality of semen. Due to its unique nutritional profile, the body’s endocrine system is able to utilize optimum levels of nutrients needed to ensure a healthy reproductive system.
For more information on aphrodisiacs, penis enhancers, and all natural male enlargement supplements, do check out our featured product of the month (Erectzan) and other reviews of popular male enhancement products available in the market today.
Week of: Wednesday November 27, 2013